Verdens største kreftforsknings-organisasjon, Worlds Cancer Research Fund – WCRF, har samme anbefalinger for kosthold og livsstil etter ferdigbehandlet kreft som generelle råd for kreftforebygging:
“While the evidence remains inadequate to make specific Recommendations for cancer survivors with confidence, we have judged that following the Cancer Prevention Recommendations is unlikely to be harmful to survivors who have completed treatment.
Therefore, cancer survivors are encouraged, if appropriate to their circumstances and unless otherwise advised by a health professional, to follow the general advice for cancer prevention:
- be a healthy weight
- be physically active
- eat more wholegrains, vegetables, fruits and legumes (such as beans)
- avoid sugary drinks and limit consumption of ‘fast foods’ and other processed foods high in fat, starches or sugars
- limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb)
- avoid processed meats and alcohol
- do not rely on supplements”
Ett av deres råd er å unngå ferdigprodukter av bearbeidet kjøtt, og redusere rødt kjøtt.